OMCA IS 90 YEARS OLD!
2019 marks the 90th year of OMCA’s existence. This year’s marketplace is going to be HUGE as we commemorate all our years with a historic display of artifacts collected over time and celebrate the many relationships forged as the bus industry evolved and incorporated group travel tourism. It is a year for many memories and celebrations.
Help us celebrate by making this silent auction the greatest in history!
How Do I Donate?
Click the link above to fill out our Silent Auction online donor form. You can bring your donations with you to Marketplace. If you are not attending the Marketplace, please send the donation to our office by Friday, October 11.
320 North Queen Street
Toronto, ON M9C 5K4
Great exposure to your target market – and for a very reasonable price!
- It’s a fantastic networking opportunity – isn’t that what increasing your business is all about?
- It’s a fun and enjoyable activity.
- Your donations and bids help support the OMCA Development Fund which, in turn, helps the motor coach tour/travel industry – what comes around, goes around!
- In the past, donations have been made to the Mary Lynn Higgins Youth Fund to help students attend field trips.
What Do I Receive If I Donate?
- Three days of highly visible, on-site, solid exposure to all conference delegates – bus and tour operators and suppliers from across North America!
- Your company is listed in the Silent Auction catalogue, which is an excellent opportunity to promote your company (as well as your auction item!)
- You receive a special Silent Auction badge ribbon at Marketplace, indicating that you are a contributor to the Silent Auction.
- Your company is displayed on the OMCA website as a donor and supporter of the auction and OMCA Development Fund
- You get great exposure in our industry newsletters and ongoing auction promotions!
How Can I Participate?
- BID – Purchase items and be part of the excitement! Bid high and bid often!
- DONATE – It can be anything you like – local crafts, gift baskets, vacation and travel, combo packages with several donors, packages for groups, gift certificates, framed prints, attraction admission, sports memorabilia, regional delicacies – the sky’s the limit! Simply complete the online donation form at any time and your exposure will start almost immediately!
- VOLUNTEER – Help contact potential donors in advance of the Silent Auction or lend a hand onsite. It’s a great way to touch base with current and potential customers!
- SPREAD THE WORD – Tell your colleagues and business associates about the benefits of the Silent Auction and how the proceeds help the industry.
- MAKE A MONETARY DONATION – Proceeds go to the OMCA Development Fund.
Where Do the Silent Auction Proceeds Go?
Proceeds collected from the Silent Auction go into the OMCA Development Fund.
The OMCA Silent Auction was conceived by Paula Savage and instituted by her and other dedicated individuals from within the tour/travel industry so that a mechanism existed to raise funds for the education of individuals who choose to be involved with the motor coach and tour/travel industry, and to increase awareness regarding the importance and economic contributions of the tourism industry in North America.
The overall purpose of the Fund is to champion the development of:
- Students pursuing a career in the motor coach and tour/travel industry
- Employees of OMCA member organizations
- Awareness of the motor coach and tour/travel industry as a whole
This monetary support helps to provide:
- Gifts or awards to individuals enrolled in industry-related programs in accredited institutions
- The enhancement of knowledge and skills of industry employees
- The development and/or revision to curricula of industry related courses
- Funding of research to identify educational or training needs for employees in the industry
- The development of seminars and workshops to educate and train industry personnel
- Funding of research to enhance the awareness of the industry and assist in the development of new markets for members.
- Promoting the use of motor coach tours for both educational and leisure purposes
Need more information?
Contact Stevie McKeeman at OMCA: