Coalition of Hardest Hit Businesses (CHHB) Summer Campaign
OMCA is a proud partner in this coalition and strongly supports its call on the federal government to protect travel and tourism businesses and their employees in Canada, as the crucial Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS) and Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy (CERS) programs wind down.
The CEWS and CERS programs have been lifelines for businesses in the travel and tourism sector that have been devastated by necessary public health restrictions, border closures, travel bans, and the loss of international and domestic travellers. The planned decrease and extinction of the CEWS and CERS programs will be a fatal blow to many, if not most businesses in the hardest hit sectors.
We need a tailored wage and fixed cost support program to be established at the earliest opportunity, with a focus on the hardest hit businesses who continue to experience significant revenue loss.
Click here to read the full press release
How you can help:
- Tell OMCA when you hear from your MP
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org when you have a response to your letter. We are pleased to work with you help strengthen our collective voice!
- Meet with your local Member of Parliament
and tell them your business and employees will not survive without continued support. We need hundreds of meetings this summer and are relying on the mass of our coalition networks to build a deafening noise level.
- Spread the word on social media about our call for more support and encourage your network to send a letter.
- Examples of Social Media Posts Messaging:
- Canada’s #HardestHit businesses will need help over the upcoming months, and particularly the September-May period for some, through continued wage and fixed cost support. Learn More: HardestHit.ca
- Send a letter to your Member of Parliament to ask them to roll out sector-specific support at the earliest opportunity for Canada’s #HardestHit businesses to ensure their survival into the fall and winter. Visit: HardestHit.ca