Summer Campaign for Industry Specific Support
Get Involved – Get Support
Summer 2021 Campaign for Industry Specific Support
On August 15, 2021, the Governor-General accepted the request to dissolve Parliament and hold a 36-day election campaign with Election Day set for September 20th.
OMCA and Motor Coach
Canada have been actively campaigning to the federal government for
sector-specific support, and this election period does not change that. In
fact, we plan to benefit from the open ears of vote-hungry candidates with our
summer grassroots campaign. Launched just over a week ago, we encouraged our
members to send a letter to their local MPs for more targeted support for
the motor coach industry. Going forward, this campaign will focus on local
Don’t let the motor
coach industry and our tourism sector slip between the cracks. We need your
help to voice our industry’s dire need for government support so that political
parties prioritize our sector. We need you to reach out to your ridings
candidates today to ensure that our industry’s needs do not go unnoticed.
- Support a tailored wage and fixed cost support program
- Support specific economic relief for motor coach transportation service providers.
- Support the redevelopment of a national coast-to-coast motor coach network.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- Download our draft letter and personalize it
- The draft letter (link below) has highlighted fields that prompt you to add specific information such as your Electoral Candidate’s name, your company name, signature, etc.
The name of your local electoral candidate can be found here.
Note: This website will be updated regularly to include new candidates.
- There is a prompt to insert your company logo. To do so, click the Insert menu tab in Word, click Picture, and then choose your logo from your computer files. If you do not want to add your company logo, remove the wording and highlighted area and leave just the OMCA and MCC logo.
- Be sure to remove the highlights from the document once you have added your information
- Meet with your local Electoral Candidate
In your meeting with your MP, tell them your business and employees will not survive without continued support. The OMCA/MCC President will join your meeting for support and to outline the needs of our members.
- Spread the word on social media about our call for more support.